This page shows changes to the BaddersWeb badminton website software over time. As per the Features page, our aim is to develop as comprehensive a product as possible.
When new associations come on board and request improvements or new features, these are added to the BaddersWeb content management system for all to use.
Any enhancements added for new associations are made available for all to use.
Minor enhancement for Southampton and District Badminton Association:
- Enhancement - Ability for the League Match Secretary and other appropriate admin to enter a "Walkover" result for a fixture, without needing to record any appearances - where the registered players setting is enabled.
Plans for upcoming 2017/18 season:
- Enhancement - Live change log added to the back-end of BaddersWeb to make users aware of new features.
- Announcement - Numerous improvements planned for the 2017/18 season including an upgrade of the front end, ability to upload photographs and possible new pricing structure options such as offering a share in advertising revenue.
Fixture list enhancement for Portsmouth & Havant Badminton Association:
- Enhancement - Site-wide setting added that changes the venue for fixture lists to a direct link to the home club's page for a user to get details, rather than attempting to list the venue itself. Added as some clubs play different matches at different venues, depending on the day or team.
Document upload enhancements for Blackpool & District Badminton Association:
- Enhancement - Doubled the maximum allowed size for an upload from 5mb to 10mb.
- Enhancement - Changed upload facility to allow DOCX and XLSX files from MS Office 2007 onwards.
Further enhancements for Winchester & District Badminton Association:
- New Feature - Admin facility to report on and export registered player information, including name, club, badminton reg no, gender, registered date and nominated teams.
- Enhancement - Coaching page made optional on the main menu.
- Enhancement - New option to view, print and export information for "All Teams" within club fixtures, results and appearances pages on the website.
- Enhancement - Tightened the back-end login procedure to include a security question.
- Enhancement - Doubled the size of introductory text allowed for a page or section to accommodate approximately two sides of A4.
Enhancements for Winchester & District Badminton Association:
- New Feature - Option added to zero a team's league scores for a season and record why. Useful for folding and defaulting (dependent on association rules) teams.
- New Feature - There is now specific documentation about how to handle teams folding or defaulting during the season.
- New Feature - A useful links page has been added to the main menu if required. Note, it only displays if you add some in the back-end.
- New Feature - There is now the option to a add a "Games Against" column to your league tables.
- Enhancement - You can now record the sex of Registered Players for back-end admin use only. Useful for foreign students where the name doesn't give it away.
- Enhancement - There is now also an option to open Additional Menu Links in a new window if preferred.
- Enhancement - The link to Google Maps for venues now opens in a new window, leaving the association website still open.
- Enhancement - When in the clubs and league pages on the front-end, the team, division and seasons persist from one screen to another, rather than always defaulting to the first in the list.
- Enhancement - The appearances report in admin now highlights a player's nominated teams for the current season.
- Enhancement - Club team names can now be sorted on the front-end in a non-alphabetical fashion. For example, to allow sort of 1) Mixed 2) Mens 3) Ladies.
- Enhancement - League tables can now be sorted in two different ways, with the option of adding more in the future.
- Enhancement - League tables now display fully with zeros for all applicable teams after the first fixture of the season has been added, rather than requiring a fixture for each team to have been added.
Addition for Blackpool & District Badminton Association:
- New Feature - Basic free-format coaching page added to the main menu.
Enhancements for Southampton and District Badminton Association:
- New Feature - Optional display of the next 5 upcoming fixtures on the home page.
- New Feature - Option to show / hide unwanted website sections. Can now remove Tournaments, Town Teams and History pages on set-up if not required.
- New Feature - Addition of registered players, team nominations and the ability to record appearances per fixture for display on the website and reporting in the back-end.
- New Feature - Ability for team captains to enter results for one or more teams belonging to a club and verify results entered by an opposing team, with relevant front-end display of 'Awaiting Verification' and facility for League Match Secretary to over-write / adjudicate.
- New Feature - Ability to assign penalties to be displayed on the website within club and league pages and affect league table rankings.
- Enhancement - Addition of sort order to divisions to allow for non-alphabetical display. e.g. Premier, Division 1, Division 2a, Division 2b, Division 3 and Fours.
- Enhancement - Creation of a "Win (Points = Match Score + Bonus)" league scoring mechanism to allow for using the match score for points, but giving a bonus of 2 points to the winner.
- Enhancement - Alteration to allow the system to accept 2 character club names. e.g. J9.
Original specification for Blackpool & District Badminton Association:
- Announcement - Replication and enhancement of functionality of their existing website.
For more details of the full specification, take a look at the Features page.